1. If I submit an abstract, is it automatically accepted?
No, all abstracts will be blind reviewed to ensure a fair and scientific review. Abstracts will be reviewed under each of the elements indicated in the guidelines for the submission type as well as for the level of innovation/contribution to the field and the general standard of academic writing of the abstract.
2. Can I submit previously published research?
Yes, you will be asked to indicate this on the submission form. They must be properly acknowledged by providing the citation to the original abstract. It will have no impact on the review process.
3. How many abstracts can I submit?
You can be a co-author on any number of abstracts but the presenter of only one oral and one poster presentation.
4. Does the presenter have to be the principal investigator?
No, but you must be part of the research team.
5. I’m not a formal researcher, can I submit an abstract?
Yes, we are keen to receive abstracts from graduate students, clinicians, educators and researchers.
6. Does the topic of my research have to relate to dental hygiene?
Yes, broadly the topic must relate to dental hygiene, but this can include research on different population groups and settings, use of technology, public health and advocacy, and education.
7. Can I submit after the 22nd April 2022?
No, the deadline is firm and will not be extended.
8. Can I start to submit my abstract on the submission website and come back to it later?
Yes, in fact we recommend that you check out the online submission form to see what information is required. You will need to set up a new user account and create a login and password, don’t leave it until the last minute!
9. I entered details on the submission site, but when I logged in again it was not there, what went wrong?
You must hit the Submit button in order to save the information you have entered. You can return any number of times to update or change your submission before the 22nd April 2022.
10. If I make a mistake when submitting my abstract on the submission form can I correct it later?
Yes, you will be able to amend your submission right up to the closing date for submissions, the 22nd April 2022.
11. Does the title of the research count in the word count of the abstract?
No, the title along with the authors names are entered online during the submission process and do not count in the 400 words allowed for the abstract.
12. How will I be sure my abstract has been submitted?
You will receive an email to confirm your submission has been received. The subject of the mail will indicate if your submission is complete or incomplete, so please check this. The email will come from email@example.com so we recommend adding this address to your contacts list, so it is not directed to your Junk folder.
13. I’ve received an email that says my submission is incomplete, what should I do?
You may not have answered all the required questions or you may have exceeded the word limit for the abstract. Please return to the submission and revise it before the 22nd April 2022. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted for review.
14. When will I know if my abstract has been accepted?
The corresponding author will be notified by the 10th May 2022.
15. If my abstract is accepted, do I still need to register for the symposium?
Yes, at least one author must register in full to attend and present the abstract at the Symposium.
If you have any queries in relation to submitting an abstract, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.